Crisp outside and soft inside, these pancakes are healthy and come with a desi twist! Up your breakfast game with this quick and easy recipe – you can serve up tasty savoury semolina pancakes with peanut chutney in no time.
This recipe is versatile and gives you perfect pancakes every time.
For The Pancakes
1 1/2 Cup Semolina
3/4 Cup Curd
2 Teaspoon Salt
1 Teaspoon Sugar
1 Cup Water
1/2 Cup Finely Chopped Onions
1/4 Cup Chopped Coriander
1/2 Cup Chopped Tomatoes
For The Peanut Chutney
3/4 Cup Roasted Peanuts (Moongphali)
2 Tablespoons Roasted Chana Dal (Bengal Gram Dal)
2-3 Green Chillies
2-3 Garlic Cloves
1 Teaspoon Lemon Juice
3 Tablespoons Water
Salt, To Taste
1/2 Teaspoon Ghee
1 1/2 Teaspoons Mustard Seeds
Curry Leaves, Handful
1. To make the pancake batter, begin by adding semolina, curd, salt and water to the grinder, you may add more water, if necessary.
2. Cover and keep aside for 15-20 minutes.
3. To make the peanut chutney grind the peanuts, chana dal, chillies, and garlic with lemon juice and water. If the chutney is too coarse, add a splash of water to reach desired consistency.
4. Now heat ghee in a pan and temper mustard seeds and curry leaves.
5. Add the ghee tadka to the chutney mix and keep aside.
6. To make the pancakes, in a non-stick pan heat 1 teaspoon oil.
7. With a ladle pour pancake batter. Do not spread, just place it over the pan.
8. When cooked on one side flip and cook till crispy and golden brown on the other side as well. You may add a bit of oil on the sides (optional).
9. Enjoy hot with peanut chutney for breakfast.
· Take care not to make the batter very runny. It will remain towards a thicker side.
· Use a non-stick pan because otherwise, it tends to stick to the pan.
· You can make the pancake batter mix/ Breakfast mix in advance and make these pancakes very quickly in 20 minutes.
· You can store the savoury pancake batter in the fridge for up to 2-3 days