Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Makes: Serves 4 to5
· 3 potatoes, medium cubes
· 1 large cauliflower broken into large florets
· 1 onion, chopped into four pieces
· 2 tomatoes, chopped roughly
· 10 to 12 cloves of garlic
· 1 inch ginger
· 4 dark green chilies
· 2 tbsp oil
· 1 tsp turmeric (haldi)
· 1 tsp ground cumin (jeera)
· 1 tsp ground coriander (dhania)
· 1 ½ tsp salt
· 1 ½ tsp red chili powder
· ¾ cup chopped fresh coriander
1. In a kadhai, heat oil on medium flame.
2. Now shallow fry cauliflower until semi cooked.
3. Keep stirring in between. This should take you about five to seven minutes.
4. Once it has changed colour and starts becoming golden, remove from pan and keep aside
5. In the same oil, add in the cubed potatoes, and fry.
6. Keep stirring in between.
7. Fry for about five to seven minutes, or until golden brown. Set aside.
8. Now, blend the onion, tomatos, garlic, ginger, and two green chilies until smooth.
9. Heat the same kadhai and add the blended paste.
10. Keep stirring, until the paste starts to thicken and bubble.
11. Add salt, turmeric, cumin, coriander, and chilli powder, and give it a good mix
12. Now add the remaining two chillies, and cook for another minute.
13. Add in the florets and potato, and mix well until the vegetables are nicely coated with the masala.
14. Cover the kadhai and let it cook for five minutes.
15. Now add in ½ cup water, stir gently, and cover again.
16. You may add more water depending on the desired consistency.
17. Add in half of the chopped coriander.
18. Cover and cook for a good 15 minutes, or until the vegetable are completely cooked.
19. Once cooked, garnish with coriander, and serve piping hot.